Tuesday, December 20, 2005

stripping out inside.

Ripping out the interior


This was an easy decision to make on paper but when it came to it I found it quite hard to deface such a nice car. having only done 65,000 miles it was mint inside, so you can imagine how I was feeling as I sliced the carpet down the middle so that I could remove it from the transmission tunnel.



 


then went the dash, doorcards, centre console, roof lining, arch trims, parcel shelf seats.. etc..


 


The following pictures show the death of a perfectly nice car and the rebirth of something with a little more sense of purpose...





Note, Stripping the btumen style glue on the arches and floors was done in winter and it came off fairly well, I found it did come off a little easier when I was finishing it off on a warm spring day, it was hot in the car and the stuff came off really well using a paint stripping tool, you know the sort of filling knife affairs .. another albeit messy way to do it was to use a wire brush on an electric drill, this was excellent and very fast, but really messy!


 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home